Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Car Wrecks, Drunks, and Amazing Mexico

Holaaaaa

So. Since I´ve been here I have been in a car wreck, spent a day sick as all get out while working, and almost got punched by a drunk guy.

Now that I have your attention, I would like to take this moment to say that I LOVE it here!! It´s incredible. 

Just a bit of elaboration so certain parties (namely my mother :) ) don´t worry too much. The car wreck wasn´t too bad. The taxi driver´s pride took the heaviest blow. Yes I was really sick, but I got a blessing and am doing much better. And about the drunk guy... Well... He was gesticulating wildly while trying to figure out the philosophical reason behind why there are sixty seconds in a minute and only twelve months in a year... Haha

The people here are incredible. The first thing that struck me as we were driving to our apartment was how little most everyone here has. Then, when we were proselyting and were in member’s and investigators house’s, I was struck even harder by this fact. Then, yesterday, as I was walking around with Elder Lanza, I was struck hardest by something else.

The realization hit me that it doesn´t even matter. These wonderful people have enough, and they can´t wait to share it. They take fantastic care of the missionaries here. My area is about as out in the boonies as you can get in my mission. It´s in the Zitacuaro area. My town (town might be too big of a word) is called San Mateo, or Creecia Morales. 

Elder Lanza is great. I like him a lot. He is a native of Honduras, so his Spanish is flawless, though he speaks almost no English. This is the most English I´ve seen, read, heard, or spoken for a week. :) He is about as tall as I am which, here in Mexico, is gigantic. I´m about a foot taller than most people. Haha. I think this might be close to how Alex Durrant felt at home.

I don´t have much time for this email (The keyboards here are very different, so my typing speed is vastly reduced..), but I just wanted to say that I love you all very much. Thank you so much for your prayers, love, and support. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Will share some stories and lots of fun stuff next Monday! 


Elder Kennington

This is maybe 1/1000 of Mexico City from the plane. It's crazy big. Holy cow is it big.
A panorama shot of my of my new room with Elder Lanza. The bathroom doesn't have a door and it faces the front door. And the toilet doesn't have a seat. :) Ha ha. And it is by far the best living accommodations for miles. :)

Elder Lanza tries the violin for the first time, and the guy on the right is Herman. He is the only Melchizedek priesthood holder for miles, excluding us. We have Sacrament Meeting at his house. There were five other people there yesterday. :)


 Guess who found a violin? :D  I got to play on it for a few minutes before I gave it back...


Taking pics while proselyting....


This one is grumpy because I fell in the mud and the other side of my pants was completely covered. Harrumphf.

The Mama Note:  There is some additional interesting stuff to share with you because when he emailed this home yesterday I happened to also be on the computer and got to ask him some questions via email. I'll share what I learned tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment