Sunday, June 9, 2024

Crazy Week!

From July 4, 2016

*Heavy Sigh*

This last week was crazy. Running all over the place, special conferences, baptisms, the works!

Well, first off we had a wonderful baptismal service yesterday. Do you remember Laura Tovar, who got baptized with her kids last month? We baptized Eliazar, her husband, yesterday. He is such an incredible man. He hadn't been able to listen to us or go to church for a very long time thanks to his work. Then, a few weeks ago, he had a random day off and we took advantage to go and teach him. He expressed the desire to be more with his family. We taught him the importance of the Sabbath Day and how to sanctify it, and the blessings that come from that. And a few days later we found out that he had quit his job and bought a tie for Sunday. :) I have met very few people that are as willing as he was to drop everything and follow the Lord.

There is something immensely satisfying about being in church and seeing that a little less than ten percent of the congregation are YOUR converts. I about melted with joy when I saw my converts going to go grab tithing slips to pay their fast offerings yesterday. I love this work.

We have four more baptisms this Sunday! Rosa Maria, her to beautiful kids Jorge and Sharon, and a miracle that we found last week named Elizabeth. I will tell their story more in depth next week, but all of these people have suffered a lot of trials to get to this point. I have never seen any one of my converts fight so hard to be able to get baptized as Rosa Maria has. The people here in Mexico are truly incredible in their potential in the Gospel.

I cannot believe that I am down to the two week point. It feels incredible to me that I can only claim roughly 15 more days as an official representative of Jesus Christ. Thank heavens I still have a couple more emails before I have to write that last letter. Haha. Will get into this later.

Sigh.

I am not quite sure what to think right now. I am just trying to focus on helping these last five or six people get baptized and leave more progressing investigators behind, but the nagging thought that I am leaving so much that has brought me joy leaves me a little paralyzed. With such a huge district in my care, a brand new mission president, and all these new converts and investigators I feel kind of like I'm leaving a party early. Like I came to a wedding to support a friend, knowing that I would have to duck out early, and realizing that I will have to do so before the "I do." Finishing my mission is both an exciting and heartbreaking prospect.

That is pretty much the story of everything right now. Love you all so much! Hope that you have a wonderful week. :)

Love,
Elder Kennington

No comments:

Post a Comment